- Place squash in medium pot, barely cover with water.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium–high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add next four ingredients, sauté 2 minutes. Cool.
- Place squash, onion mixture, and tomato paste in food processor, process until smooth. Spoon into serving dish, sprinkle with seeds.
For Asian flavours use ginger, curry, and coconut milk instead of the chili powder, sage, and tomato paste; for Mexican flavours use lime juice, cumin, paprika, and cilantro instead of the chili powder, sage, and tomato paste.