- Quick and Easy
- 30 minutes
- 5 Pancakes
- 1½ cups flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and shredded (or finely chopped)
- Mix flour with baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Combine egg, milk, and butter or oil and add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Fold apples into batter.
- Drop ¼ cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake. Cook on one side until puffed and full of bubbles.
- Turn pancakes and cook on other side.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or sprinkle with cinnamon and icing sugar.